Quitting Sears was probably the best thing I've ever done. Working in retail was such a mind sapping, soul sucking experience of constant customer complaints and tragedies. Plus my coworkers were constantly back bitting, back scratching, back stabbing, back envying - all resulting in a pot of drama that bubbled up and exploded constantly into a gooey sticky mess that everyone tripped over.
Reminiscing a tragic past is always such a cheery way to start a post, huh?
I was mulling over this thought tonight because I realized that I have the best part time job ever. I like to think of myself as part of a superhero team: The Fantastic 3 Team Nerd, here to save you from bad marks and a lazy attitude, guaranteed. First, there's Lilian, the triple science threat with biology, chemistry, and physics all tucked under her belt, ready to give you endless assignments and homework. Then there's Owen, who doesn't even need a calculator because he just memorizes numbers since he's the only one who's crazy enough to ever major in MATH. Plus he's practically part gym teacher with all the soccer, basketball, and ping pong playing. Then there's me, which is pretty much self explanatory, just the basic English and grammar stuff yadda yadda. And although the boss, Jay Park, is scary and intimidating, he's pretty lenient and gives me artistic freedom (maybe a bit too much) with however my mind wants to float.
I was helping a student tonight with her Hamlet essay. I got so excited that I practically took over the essay, at one point I just had to drop my pen and let her do her thing. But this is exactly why I have the best job ever - you mean to say that I get to sit and talk about SHAKESPEARE and get paid? But not only that, I get to talk about books and all types of it, from Harry Potter to Catcher in the Rye to To Kill a Mockingbird to Fugitive Pieces to the crazy world of Charles Dickens and whatever else it is that high school kids have to read. And I get to preach on how bad and stupid Twilight is - win!
Plus the kids are all cute and pudgy and share their chocolates with you.
Anyway, so that's my little blurb. I get paid the same as when I worked at Sears even though I work less, but it's not about the money (except when you're a broke student T^T). I have one ex-coworker who randomly texts me from time to time with random pleadings of, "help me get out of here!" since he's still unfortunately stuck at Sears. I always just tell him to find a tutoring job.
Ending the post with this: The fish had guppies! Or frys! Or whatever else it is you call baby fishies! When they first hatched they were these tiny little things that looked like dust but upon closer inspection were actually tiny balls with tails swimming in circles. Now they distinctly have popping eyes and a distinct fish tail, but are still really tiny. There are more than 20 of them, so if anyone is looking to adopt we'll be more than willing to give you 10, that is, if the momma and pappa fish will ever part with them since they keep the youngins on a tight leash away from imaginary predators. (The only real predator they really have to watch out for is Matt.)
The Fantastic 3 Team Nerd
Labels
- Deliriant O. (31)
- Happiness Challenge (30)
- That old noodle bowl (9)