I've been feeling off lately.
Yesterday, I got lost in the subway, which is ridiculous because I've taken the subway a million and a half times. Then I got lost on my way to class, which is stupid because I've been going to the same building and in the same room for the past two months. Then I got lost trying to find the financial aid office on campus - not my fault this time because they moved offices.
I blame the heat, it's making me into an even bigger airhead than usual. That, and the fact that the lack of activity in my social life is causing me to day dream even more than usual. (If it doesn't happen in real life at least it happens in my head, mwahaha- ... no that's just sad)
Also, I was waiting for the always tragically unreliable 105 bus when I over heard these two Filipino women talking about some other woman's leg, they were saying "Puti lady!" Which means, white lady.
This brought on really bad childhood memories. When I use to go to school in Philippines, I use to be get teased by the dark Filipino kids because I was, and still am, extremely pale. We had to wear these uniforms that unfortunately showed a lot of my pale legs. They'd be all "Why are you so white, huh, huh? Puti Lady, puti lady!"
Yeah, not fun. I also use to get teased because I'm Chinese and I didn't know how to speak Mandarin/Fukien and all these Filipino kids were going around speaking Mandarin/Fukien and I didn't. (In Philippines Chinese is the secondary language.)
Psh. K, enough childhood fail reminiscing.