I know it's not Sunday!
With everything going on in Toronto lately, a lot of people are thinking about the end of the world. Not going to lie, it crossed my mind too. A lot of people who are talking about the end of the world coming are Christians from my church though, so basically, when they say "The End Is Near" what they really mean is, "Christ is Coming Back."
Not sure why they would say that though, since according to the Bible there are a lot of other things that need to take place before the end of the world.
I was watching this documentary the other day about the Phelps family, who are basically the most hated family in America, because to them hate is love, and people give them a lot of hate. While watching the documentary I couldn't figure out why they kept on saying "I'm not sure if we're going to heaven, but we have to do this in case we go to hell." And it wasn't until near the end of the documentary that I realized why they didn't have the assurance that they were going to heaven: Because they were reading the Bible wrong. No clue how this happened, because apparently every Monday night is Bible night for them, but this is a classic case of how some people only read what they want to read from the Bible, as in picking parts from the Bible that apply to you.
Back to my point: so these Christians are saying it's the end of the world, and I'm no Bible master or whatever, but I am pretty sure if the world was ending I wouldn't be sitting here in front of a computer blogging, I'd be out there somewhere possibly dying because of a natural disaster, as Revelation claims. Or maybe I'd be raptured (wishful thinking). Which means that they're only picking the parts from the Bible that they want to read too, and in this case, it seems that they're only reading Revelation.
So anyway, someone on facebook sent a mass message out to everyone about 'Need To Do Something Because The End Is Near a.k.a Christ Is Coming' and they accidentally sent it to an atheist and he was like "Um, atheist here ..."
Fail.