Stretch

Betty has been blogging so I should blog, just so she doesn't feel so lonely, heehee.


Today nothing interesting happened.
I was sitting in the food court beside Queens Park station, diligently doing my readings for my class that evening (I can't study in libraries anymore bc I realized that I pay more attention when I read things out loud to myself) when I decided to stretch since reading really cramps you up. So I fling my arms out in stretch mode (this part may have been exaggerated) when suddenly, I noticed that I am surrounded by couples. 

There, in front of me, to my right and behind me (to do a proper stretch you have to turn 180 degrees, that's how I noticed) were couples lovingly holding hands with each other. My left side was facing a window, so when I looked out I saw a pigeon holding an umbrella for his squirrel girlfriend as they hopped along in the rain (this part is definitely exaggerated). But my point is: even though I was sitting alone with nothing but my textbook to accompany me, my reaction to this was 'meh.' 

MEH. My reaction to love is: MEH, whereas before, I'd be sitting there day dreaming scenarios where some guy would come swoop me up my feet, and I'd get this tingly and fluffy feeling inside. 

The conclusion: I, the once ever hopeless romantic, owner of several notebooks filled with cheesy love stories, have been burnt out by love. I was more interested with my textbook than day dreaming about some hunky dude, who may or may not (not specifying) look a lot like Leo, to come and sweep me off my feet saying, "Ann, let's go for Sushi!"

I suppose it's a good thing that Leo's completely disappeared now because apparently, I've had my fill of cheesy romantic things like holding hands in public, skipping in the rain together, sharing a plate of spaghetti and all those other cheesy coupley things people do. 

And I guess part of the reason why I'm not feeling all coupley is because Leo hasn't sent me an email yet to let me know whether he's still alive and breathing! His lack of communication is justified by the fact that the Fifa World Cup is going on and guys are terrible at multi-tasking, it's either Me or Soccer, and apparently, Soccer has won his heart over. 

I'll start worrying after July 11. But for now, I think I'll continue enjoying not being a couple at the moment. (Although my phone is getting kind of lazy)

Leave a Reply

Followers