Surgery

I went with my Grandpa for his Catirac Surgery today. Basically, we arrived at the Kensington Eye Clinic an hour early for his appointment (An appointment that doesn't really make sense since we ended up waiting 2 hours after until he went in for the surgery) so I had a lot of time to waste doing absolutely nothing.


There were a lot of old people waiting with us (the waiting area alone is probably the size of Leo's condo). More specifically, there were a lot of old couples waiting with us. Whether it was the wife of the husband having the surgery done, they always came together. And it was really sweet, since these couples would be 80+ years old and they'd come out of the surgery room holding hands.

Which got me thinking: How is it possible that TWO people can stay married/live together for so long? Won't they get SICK and TIRED of each other? 

It always amazes me when kids my age have a long lasting, meaningful relationship. I know one couple who started going out in high school and five years later, they act as if they just started going out. What's the secret? How do you not run out of things to say? Is it just a case of finding 'the one?'

Obviously, every relationship takes hard work and patience, and nothing about a relationship is ever easy. But I think it's the most amazing thing is when two people can stay so loyal and devoted to each other, right from the 1st year to the 40th year of being together. 

Hopefully one day when I'm old and have to get my Catirac Surgery done, I'll have my dear old hubby walking out the surgery room with me. ^.^

Leave a Reply

Followers