This past week, I noticed the same group of students get together in two separate occasions in the morning to huddle together in prayer, and more mysteriously, it was a continuous flow of students - one would leave and another would come. They never seemed to finish and I could never get any work done since I'd be straining my ears listening to them. But oddly enough, at another table sat a couple of theology students with their professor talking about the Bible, and I've seen this same professor around talking about the same thing to different people.
I ran into Khevna and she explained the phenomenon to me: that they were praying for an upcoming Christian Conference they were going to have. The intensity of their prayer made me thirst for the same kind of intensity - to have the kind of faith where you're just so desperate for God to provide.
I couldn't help but think that this is so weird. Casper just got saved and people everywhere are praying and talking and praising God in public.
Last Thursday, I got into a random conversation with an elderly man, who, as he got off his stop, said, "God bless you!" What if I had been offended? I guess he didn't care, and maybe I just need this same kind of carelessness.
But what about this year? What kind of victim should I be?
I know this isn't the point of your post, but I hope you keep looking both ways when you cross the street.