It's no secret that when it comes to food, I have three main weaknesses: tiramisu, peanut balls (this is not the official name, I just have no idea what it's actually called), and last but not least, instant noodles.
Instant noodles has become such a staple in my diet that I even attempted to name my blog after it, the only problem being that I have MAJOR issues with spelling and misspelled 'noodles' into 'noddles'.
Anyway, so over the winter break I decided that it'd be a fantastic idea to have an instant noodle party. I picked up a couple (more like 9) different kinds of instant noodles/ramen from a fake h-mart in Korea town. The point was to try as many different kinds as possible and then vote on the best one.
Side note: h-mart is a chain of Korean grocery stores and the 'h' stands for Hangul, which is the Korean alphabet. I learned this from one student, whom I am assuming is a reliable sources of information on all things Korean, being Korean himself.
If anyone, especially Hannah, who had triple portions of everything, procured sodium poisoning after the event, these are the culprits:
I only took pictures of the first four instant noodles as they were cooking since the kitchen became somewhat of a fire hazard soon after, since everyone was crowding around the kitchen:
Jin Ramen
I made this wrong. I was suppose to add the seasonings to the noodles after draining the water. Whoops.
This turned out to be Jajamyun, even though I thought it would be more spaghetti-ish because of the name. This became an instant favourite with everyone as well.

We made this wrong since we added too much water and it ended up tasting like nothing. I'm sure it would have been good otherwise though.

We labeled the packages and people had to vote by writing their names.
Jin Ramen is a win with Clement, Hannah, Johnny and me.
I forgot to vote for the Kimchi Ramen, I actually liked this one. Clement said this one was too mainstream.

Johnny, Selina, Hannah, and Clement REALLY hated this one. Emily liked it, and Tabi was mutual. I forgot to vote, but I'm sure the only reason this tasted bad was because I didn't make it properly ...

Chapagetti was a win with everyone except Emily, who probably just forgot to vote so we'll just assume she liked it also.
Chinese Soybean Paste Ramen: Votes from Emily, Hannah, Clement, Tabi, Selina and Johnny x2. I forgot to vote for this one again (great host I am) so I'm going to steal one of Johnny's votes. This one was a lot like Chapagetti.

The mess in the living room: chips, pork, cheese, suman, shrimp, cake, candy canes ... no wonder most of us ended the night with upset stomachs.

Everyone pretty much felt crappy after the 9th one though, you would have been super human not to feel crappy. I guess this is proof that it's not advisable to consume 9 different kinds of instant noodles in one sitting.

This all made up for a very interesting evening, haha.
:) Stomach pain was worth it. It was fun! Thanks Ann!
lol noodle party seems intense!!
Chapagettai yeah!!!