Sim Social

I've recently realized how similar I am to my Sim, and that we share a lot of qualities.


(Truth is, I have a thing for games where I get to take care of something and direct that person's every move, which is why I continually played Neopets late into high school and owned a tamagochi for the longest time (albeit, it kept dying). Anyway, this all only adds to my the loser-ish quality I carried on throughout high school, as Jessica and I were discussing yesterday.)

So getting on to the point, here's a list:

1) When I first started playing the Sim Social game on facebook, there were a lot of personalities I could choose from, ranging from being a geek, jock, hopeless romantic, etc. But I ended up choosing the villain personality and named my Sim Lizzie Villie (Lizzie being from Pride and Prejudice, and because it rhymed with Villie).

What we have in common: Although I've never really stolen anything in my life - just maybe a toy here and there from my brother and cousins and a few office supplies from Sears - I am a villain in other ways. I am cruel, malicious, and am devoted to evil wicked plots (stole these adjectives from the dictionary). In my head, rather than thinking of daisies and sunshine and happy children, I'm always thinking of cruel things I could do: spit my gum on the sidewalk, not recycle, be mean to someone, tell someone their grammar sucks, and think of ways to sabotage a friendship.

2) Lizzie Villie often needs constant attention from others, if she doesn't get it, she cries and feels the need to kick a trash can over. And when she visits other people's houses, she insults them and makes them cry so that she can be happy, and then apologizes saying she didn't mean it.

What we have in common: I too insult people and then apologize, claiming I didn't mean it (oops). I realized that I do this because when I feel comfortable with someone, I like to insult that person rather than have polite conversation (polite conversation is boring and awkward). And although I don't always want attention from people, I like receiving attention just so I can say no. When I can't say no to someone, I cry and kick trash cans over.

3) She snickers evilly to herself all the time. She's probably doing this because in her head she thinks she's the funniest, most evil thing in the world.

What we have in common: Yeah I do this. I always burst out laughing randomly because I think I'm amusing. But this is a common trait we all share - deep down in the crevices of our body, we all think we're hilarious.

There's one thing we don't have in common though. Lizzie Villie likes to hug people, especially when she's apologizing. I don't like hugging people, but not because I don't like to apologize, but because hugs create an air of awkwardness.

One response to “Sim Social

  1. hahaha... "not recycle"... omigosh... we got a super villain on the loose!!

Leave a Reply

Followers