Ever since I discovered binder rings and photopaper, I've been on a photobook rampage and have been itching to put together one. Since Eugene is leaving soon, I satisfied my itch volunteered to make him a photobook.
I made his photobook on Saturday, but I won't be giving it to him until tomorrow. (Blogging this now in hopes that he doesn't read my blog, haha).
Here's how I made the photobook:
First, I had to stalk Eugene on facebook and save a bunch of pictures. This part was easy.
I tried to find at least one picture of everyone, and the only picture I could find of Del was of him in Africa. I guess my stalking skills needs a bit more work.
Finding a picture of Hannah was hard too, she's like a camera ninja.

Next, gather supplies. These are binder rings, which has been the most inspirational thing I have come across in a while. So many possibilities!
I decided to use cue cards since they're sturdy.
Looks amazing! I want one too
You only get one if you're leaving, and I don't think you're going away any time soon.
Wow! Hey lots of questions because I've been seriously considering doing this for a friend...
a) Did you just get the pictures from Facebook?
b) Where did you print them? And was it expensive? And if the pictures were off Facebook, how was the quality?
c) thisissocreativeandiloveit
d) you are my new friend. i think we should hang out.
e) What glue did you end up using? And where do you go to find all of these decorations and what not?
I've kind of got a creativity bug stuck inside but I never have all of the supplies or things I need for an idea and to second that, I never know where to get them.
Hey Silvia! I'm glad you like this idea :P You can get most of the supplies from Staples, and they're pretty cheap. That's where I got the binder rings from! (Some people call them book rings)
a) Yeah I got the pictures from facebook. Because the printed pictures are small, the quality wasn't that bad. I guess it really depends on how big you want your pictures to be. You can always ask people to email you the pictures so you'll have better quality.
b) I printed it at home with photo paper. Depending on what brand your printer is, you should get the photo paper from that same company so your pictures will turn out better. You can always print it off at Walmart if you need to though, it's pretty cheap there! (Photo paper can be expensive)
c) Thanks! :P
d) Come to the sleepover!
e) I used the white school glue - but bad idea! This wrinkles the paper. Use cement glue if you're pasting the photo's on paper, like cue cards. If you're pasting the photo paper on something sturdier like cardboard, use permanent glue.
wow... duddeeeee... that book is massively THICK!
that's insane, i can see that u put quite a bit of effort into this!
there's only a few pics of it shown tho :(
i really like the 2nd last pic... yes, the meaty one.... mmmm...
i must take back my comments about ur box choice lol...
LOL Eddie, people don't usually take back compliments they've given, haha.
This is some really awesome work!
Thanks Jacob, I think this is the first comment you've ever made on my blog :O