Mind Blow Moment

This morning, I had the hardest time getting out of bed, which probably has something to do with the fact that I've slept in all of last week, and begun to grumble and complain about the fact that I had to be on children's service. I was so unwilling to serve kids that I got up just to double check and see if I was actually serving - a large part of me hoped I had read the schedule wrong.

Sounds terrible, doesn't it?

I don't really know why I signed up for children's service, all I remember was having this nagging feeling all summer long about it that kept on saying, "Do it, do it!" (actually, I had a lot of nagging feelings last summer, but that's another story). I kept putting off actually signing up for children's service, especially since I kept giving myself excuses like, "I'm terrible with kids, they're only going to eat me alive!"

And then I found out that Eddie and Johnny were serving kids, which made me feel terrible, since I know neither of them are good with kids, but they're still doing it. Good thing Tabitha was so willing to jump in the bandwagon with me, or else the kids might have actually eaten me alive.

Today, though I complained and didn't want to get out of bed, I was glad to be with the kids because they're cuter every time I see them, and they make me happy. I don't really know how to show my affections toward them though, I can't exactly hug them because they're short (and because I have this thing about close body contact) so I just end up patting them on the head a lot. One kid fell asleep in my arm yesterday - it was such a mind blow moment because:
1) I was surprised that kids actually like me
2) He trusts me
3) It was just a really cute and happy moment ^^

I was so happy to receive this bit of affection from a kid that I found myself telling my grandma about it this evening, which is weird because I don't really tell her these sort of things (talking about church in my family is kind of taboo).

Hopefully, this will teach me to be more patient :P

Leave a Reply

Followers