Lethargy, Books, and Food

Ever have those moments of extreme lethargy because you've been doing too much lately? That's how I feel at this exact moment. I used to be the type of person who rolls out of bed at 10 a.m. every morning, and in a snail pace makes their way out of the house. For some reason, I've become the exact opposite: these days I'm wide awake at 6 am, fighting morning commute bravely, and drinking lots and lots of coffee. My current stage of lethargy this evening makes me feel like I'm reverting back to my lazy self.


I've also been blogging less, which is kind of scary. I use to have something to blog about everyday, and January was always the it month for blogging, where I had the most words to sprout out. Either I've become too self-conscious with what I write or there's a scientific study that links laziness with the amount of times you blog. Actually, it feels more or less like verbal constipation because I have all these things I want to write about but they never come out properly, or feel important enough to be written.

Anyway, so recently my mom has been buying me a lot of books - or rather, she's just finally come to realize just how much I read and therefore buys me a lot of books. One day she came home with a bag full of books and told me to take my pick. I was almost offended when I saw a beach read, a cookbook, and a detective novel in the bag. It's almost like giving a punk rock preppy clothes.

I've been passing off the books she's been buying me to Annabelle because I can't stand reading for fun at the moment when I'm too busy being sad and depressed by Coetzee. I'm currently taking a seminar class on him, which is already depressing in itself, but to have to analyze his novels is even more depressing. Its one dense politically and racially charged novel after the other. If ever I'm randomly moping around you'll know what kind of dark thoughts are swimming around in my head. I wonder if there will be a time when people will be too depressed to read any more of his novels.

Also, I started a new project called mango and taro because I might as well blog about what I eat. I've always been inspired by Manley's food blog but never found a reason to start one myself because I'm not passionate about food, but I think co-authoring this blog will be interesting.

Leave a Reply

Followers