Last post for the Happiness Challenge!
Nothing exceptionally happy happened today, which is a tragedy because I was hoping to make the last post for this challenge epic. In fact, I was in a severely sour mood this afternoon and kept on complaining about how boring my life is (let's just call it retail withdrawal because ever since I quit Sears my life has been boringly unstressful).
So tonight as I was crossing the street, this random tall and lanky asian guy was waving at me. I must have stared blankly at him for ten seconds before saying, "Ryan!"
To which he says, "no, his brother ... Matthew."
Woops. I guess I should feel guilty because I just put him in that awkward situation I'm in every time someone says, "Annabelle!" And I have to lamely say, "no, just ... Ann." (Sometimes I'm too lazy to correct them and just pretend to be Annabelle.)
Anyway, back to the story. So Matthew is my brother Matthew's friend, and for the sake of avoiding confusion and just for this post only, I'm going to refer to by brother as 'Muscle Man' (a very fitting nickname). The last time I saw Matthew was when he was a puny little kid. He's been friends with Muscle Man for a long time, and back then Matthew would always be over at our place with his brother, Ryan, causing havoc. One time they had a water gun fight indoors and I was severly upset at them.
Matthew just seems very grown up now, running around with his girlfriend and working 50 hours a week. I suppose my encounter with him just made me feel nostalgic.
Before parting he said, "I want to be like Muscle Man. He's my inspiration."
I just thought to myself, "great, another kid who's aspiring to be like Muscle Man." Being brothers with Muscle Man, I hear this a lot, which is probably no surprise. I've caught Clement, and sometimes Johnny, say this often enough. "Muscle Man! We must work out together!"
Something else that made me feel nostalgic, but really shouldn't since it hasn't happened yet, is the thought of my own convocation, which I probably will have to skip out on. Gloom. I realized this tonight when my proff cut class 45 mins short (a pity since I was just starting to get into The Waste Land) because convocation just ended up and a mad amount of people started chattering and filling up UC and we couldn't hear over their voices.
Have I talked about something epicly happy yet?
Today I finished Leviticus, and the only possible explanations as to why I finished it within a week are:
1) This is a testimony to how much I commute.
2) I've been well trained by U of T to trudge through dense and boring literature.
Is this a happy enough thought? If not short of epic .... ?
Oh well. I guess now that the challenge is over, I'll go back to blogging once a week. We should think up of a new challenge soon!