Why I want summer to never end:

This is the first time in a while I'm not looking forward to the start of another school year. Perhaps it's because I'm not even done summer school yet, or that I want to hurry up and graduate already since I'm sick of school, but here is a more extensive list of why I want summer to never end:


1) When winter comes, I have to wear socks again. I hate wearing socks.

2) Despite spending several weekends outdoors and dedicating a couple of afternoons tanning in my backyard, I'm still pale. 

3) The beach freezes up in the winter = no more volleyball = no exercise. I've been pretty active lately, all thanks to a couple of sessions of volleyball, extensively walking around and paper lifting at work, that I've actually gained a couple of muscle pounds. 

4) My bank account will be empty. I've literally penny pinched all summer (i.e. no Tim Hortons Iced Caps =( ) just to save up for tuition, and come September my bank account will be no more.

5) I have to wear pants again! I've got nothing against pants, unlike socks, but I've been very comfortable wearing shorts. Actually, I've somewhat enjoyed this hot, humid weather. I think my body temperature is different from everyone else's, I've been ok while everyone around me is melting.

6) No more free time to do absolutely nothing. Like today, I got up, studied for my exam, napped whenever I wanted, ate whatever I wanted, watched a drama just because ... basically being absolutely unproductive. You don't get to do that during the school year.

7) When classes start up again, life will be complicated once more.

Anyway, that's my list. One thing I wanted to add but might regret later on is the amount of crazy shifts I've been getting at work. And I gots a raise! Not sure how much, watch it only be $.25, but it's still something. 

Also, random fact but, I've noticed that my nails have been growing at an alarmingly fast rate recently. Seriously. I'm going to have to Dr. Google this. 

Leave a Reply

Followers